I placed an order from the online optical shop “BestPriceGlasses.com”. This company is owned by a man named Roger Jiang who also owns a string of other online optical shops with an equally impressive list of complaints and disappointments. These other sites are:
In addition, Mr. Jiang owns “Glorytech, LLC”, “Schultz Optical” and “LAZ China Operation”. He can be reached by telephone at (831) 521-2777, By fax at (831) 597-5018 and by mail at the following address:
135 E Harmon Ave Unit 404
Las Vegas, NV 89109-4549
I placed an order on 10/14. Their website says that it takes about a week to deliver unless it is a complex order, which (understandably) may take a bit longer. These were simple single vision glasses. A week later, the status still said "Paid". I attempted to call the toll free number listed on their website. They picked up after a few rings, but nobody said anything. I tried several times before resorting to using the chat now window. In the chat, I was told that the order would be put on "rush" and that it would be taken care of quickly. Another week passed and I hit the chat window again, this time asking for a refund. The no-service rep replied with "I will put a rush on your order." I told the rep that I didn't want a rush on anything other than a refund. The rep agreed to a refund. On 11/12, I looked through my bank records for the refund. Surprise! I never got it! So I went to the website and again looked at my order and it now said that it had shipped out on 11/10. So at this point, we are just 2 days shy of a month since the order. The tracking number returns "Pre-shipment: The US Postal Service has been notified to expect a package for delivery", in other words, they printed a label but did not ship it. Today, the 19th... a month and 5 days later and I still don't have the order. The tracking still says "Pre-Shipment". I contacted the rep once again through chat and got cryptic answers about having to talk to the person "incharge", but that would take 24 hours or more. Finally, I pushed hard enough to get an email address of the person "incharge". Surprise... the email bounced back - No such address.
I should have known better. I ordered another pair several years ago from them and the prescription was wrong. They refused to remake them and I ended up taking them to a local optical shop and paying $120.00 for the correct lenses to be put in. That's how iron clad their 100% satisfaction guarantee goes. I can't warn you enough to stay away... FAR away from these people. There are others who say that they have had a good experience with them, but there are far too many who have been shafted.
The mark of a good business is not a business that does not make mistakes, rather, it’s how a business handles those mistakes with the customer and these guys completely fail.
I have attempted to contact Roger at the number above and left several voicemail messages over several days. He has not contacted me back.
The Best Price Glasses 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If it breaks or isn't right, you get to keep it... If you are lucky enough to get it in the first place.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Promise of 1 week turnaroound
What I disliked
- Everything after taking payment
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service and delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
You May Also Like
- "I was introduced to Quay Australia Sunglasses last year and absolutely loved the sunglasses I was gifted and after two weeks they broke. The hinge broke on the side and..."
- "I ordered bi focla sun glasses from the Superstition Springs Optical. When they came in, I felt the bi focal was too low. I was told by the forceful, rude..."
- "Spectera vision plan is the worst eye plan. Spectera will not allow my eye doctor to make my eyeglasses. Spectera runs a sweatshop in Baltimore where they make the glasses..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."