100% full Not resolved
1.3

I placed an order from the online optical shop “BestPriceGlasses.com”. This company is owned by a man named Roger Jiang who also owns a string of other online optical shops with an equally impressive list of complaints and disappointments. These other sites are:

glasses123.com

prescription-glasses.com

aussiesunglasses.com

loupedirect.com

In addition, Mr. Jiang owns “Glorytech, LLC”, “Schultz Optical” and “LAZ China Operation”. He can be reached by telephone at (831) 521-2777, By fax at (831) 597-5018 and by mail at the following address:

135 E Harmon Ave Unit 404

Las Vegas, NV 89109-4549

I placed an order on 10/14. Their website says that it takes about a week to deliver unless it is a complex order, which (understandably) may take a bit longer. These were simple single vision glasses. A week later, the status still said "Paid". I attempted to call the toll free number listed on their website. They picked up after a few rings, but nobody said anything. I tried several times before resorting to using the chat now window. In the chat, I was told that the order would be put on "rush" and that it would be taken care of quickly. Another week passed and I hit the chat window again, this time asking for a refund. The no-service rep replied with "I will put a rush on your order." I told the rep that I didn't want a rush on anything other than a refund. The rep agreed to a refund. On 11/12, I looked through my bank records for the refund. Surprise! I never got it! So I went to the website and again looked at my order and it now said that it had shipped out on 11/10. So at this point, we are just 2 days shy of a month since the order. The tracking number returns "Pre-shipment: The US Postal Service has been notified to expect a package for delivery", in other words, they printed a label but did not ship it. Today, the 19th... a month and 5 days later and I still don't have the order. The tracking still says "Pre-Shipment". I contacted the rep once again through chat and got cryptic answers about having to talk to the person "incharge", but that would take 24 hours or more. Finally, I pushed hard enough to get an email address of the person "incharge". Surprise... the email bounced back - No such address.

I should have known better. I ordered another pair several years ago from them and the prescription was wrong. They refused to remake them and I ended up taking them to a local optical shop and paying $120.00 for the correct lenses to be put in. That's how iron clad their 100% satisfaction guarantee goes. I can't warn you enough to stay away... FAR away from these people. There are others who say that they have had a good experience with them, but there are far too many who have been shafted.

The mark of a good business is not a business that does not make mistakes, rather, it’s how a business handles those mistakes with the customer and these guys completely fail.

I have attempted to contact Roger at the number above and left several voicemail messages over several days. He has not contacted me back.

The Best Price Glasses 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If it breaks or isn't right, you get to keep it... If you are lucky enough to get it in the first place.

Review about: Schultz Optical Customer Care.

Reason of review: Poor customer service and delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Selection, Promise of 1 week turnaroound.

Had an Experience with Schultz Optical?

Comments

Bullhead City, Arizona, United States #1311121

Two years ago I bought a pair of bendable titanium rimless glasses from them and I love them- paid less than $100. I just re-ordered my second pair.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States #938592

I have ordered several pairs of glasses through this company over the years and never had a problem. They are not very speedy, but the prices and quality are worth the wait.

to Steve #1132072

I too have had a terrific experience with this company.I don't have vision insurance and can not afford the regular optical store prices.

I was able to get regular glasses and prescription sunglasses and not break my budget. I recommend having your prescription written out legibly at the doctors office so you can translate it into the website easily.

You need your PD measurement too and your doctor has to give it to you!Just call if their office and ask if it isn't on the slip they gave you.